School counselors can provide short-term individual counseling for students, but when more intervention is required, they can coordinate referrals to community agencies. Below is a list of local mental health agencies and other social service providers. If these agencies do not meet your needs, please contact the school counselor, who has a longer, more comprehensive list of social service providers.
- Atlas, Orange City, Iowa. Contact: 712.737.4090, email www.atlasorangecityarea.com/
- Bethany Christian Services, Orange City, Iowa. Contact: 712. 737.4831 www.bethany.org
- Bethesda Christian Counseling, Orange City, Iowa. Contact: 800.269.3160 www.bethesdachristiancounseling.org
- Creative Living Center, Rock Valley, Iowa. Contact: 888.587.2537. www.creativelivingcenterpc.com
- Family Crisis Center, Sioux Center, Iowa. Contact: 800.382.5603 or 712.722.4404. www.familycrisiscenters.org
- Iowa State University Extension, Orange City, Iowa. Contact: 712.737.4230. www.extension.iastate.edu/sioux
- Plains Area Mental Health Center, Le Mars, Iowa. Contact: 712.546.4624. www.plainsareamentalhealth.org
- Season Center, Sioux Center, Iowa. Contact: 800.242.5101. www.seasonscenter.org
- LoveINC of Greater Sheldon, Iowa. Contact: 712.324.9707. www.sheldon-loveinc.org
- Orange City Food Pantry- American Reformed Church, Orange City, Iowa. Contact: 712.737.4430.
- Sioux County Department of Human Resources, Orange City, Iowa. Contact: 712.737.2943 or 800.337.2943. www.dhs.state.ia.us
- The Bridge, Orange City, Iowa. Contact: 712.707.9922. www.thebridgehousing.org
- Zestos, Orange City & Alton, Iowa. Contact: 712.737.2221. www.zestosinc.com